Version 3.0 now available. Download it here.
I built this WordPress plugin to make it easy to have an impressive, animated FAQ page. Later, I added capabilities to use it for other kinds of pages, too.
This plugin simplifies the creation of these kinds of pages by automatically animating them. When you click a checkbox for this feature in your WordPress editor, or include “FAQ” or “Frequently asked questions” in the title, the plugin automatically makes headings clickable and hides content beneath them until the heading is clicked.
I recommend either of these two easy ways to install this plugin.
First (easiest) method:
1. In your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins page and select “Add new.”
2. Search for the plugin title, “Easy FAQ with Expanding Text.” It should be the first that comes up.
3. Install and activate it there.
1. Download Version 3.1 on this page or on the WordPress.org plugins page.
2. Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress dashboard and select “Add new.”
3. Choose the “Upload” link on the Add New plugin page. Select the ZIP file that you downloaded, and upload it.
4. Activate the plugin; visit your new “FAQ Admin Page” for details and to set a couple of options.
It is easy to create an animated page with this plugin.
First, create a page that has “Frequently Asked Questions” or “FAQ” in the title, or just click the checkbox for making dropdown text in the WordPress editor screen. (It will appear somewhere in the right hand column under the “publish” box.)
As you create your page, make some headings. These will appear on the page and will be clickable. Other content between headings will be invisible until the heading above the content is clicked.
Yes, you can.
You be the judge.
The ability to give the animation effects to any post or page, regardless of the page title.
By making a line formatted as a heading 6 (as the line above is), you can temporarily “break” the effects so that this text below the heading does not get hidden.
This is helpful if you want to have several sections of FAQ. Also, if you want an image (such as a buy-now button) at the bottom of the page, you can format that image as a heading 6. If your heading 6 is text and it is too small, the FAQ Admin Page allows you to change the size or font using valid CSS.