Help us win an exterior home makeover by voting for our video
In January 2012, my wife, Becky, and I purchased a 1923 Craftsman-style home. A few weeks later, my wife picked up a sledgehammer and slammed it into the plaster of a closet wall, thus beginning an extensive renovation project that expanded the kitchen, redid all the plumbing in the house, replaced most of the 90-year-old electrical wires, and installed a laundry upstairs.
Oh, and did I mention that we were expecting a baby during all this? In the weeks leading up to Paul’s birth on Father’s Day 2012, I was staying up until 2 a.m. or later building websites and doing construction work that I had never done before, trying to finish the project before he came.
And we still have a lot to do. The exterior of the house needs quite a bit of work—a new roof, soffit, new siding to replace the ancient, weather-battered cedar shakes, and some porch repairs. Fortunately, CertainTeed Exterior Living Spaces is holding a video contest to give away a $75,000 exterior home makeover.
Unlike during last year’s contest, this year we actually had a little time to devote to making a video. The result: Cedar Shake-speare Theatre: Much Ado About Remodeling. It’s about 90 seconds of Shakespearean comedy as Romeo and Juliet discover that the course of a remodel never did run smooth. Fortunately, their very cute butt-scooting baby comes to their rescue.
We came to the contest late, so we need lots of votes to catch up with the videos that have been in the contest for several weeks. On June 18, voting closes, and the top ten videos with the most votes will become finalists and CertainTeed will pick the winner.
So, how can you help?
1. Go watch the video. You can view it at: https://fb-2281293.strutta.com/entry/2649826 (or you can go to http://bryangentry.us/contest and I will forward you to the contest page. That’s a bit easier to remember).
2. Cast a vote. Click “Vote for this Entry” just under our video profile.
3. Add the app. The contest requires that you add the Promos App to register as a voter. If you’re hesitant about adding an app, please read this other post I wrote about Facebook apps. This one is not a bad one that takes over your account.
4. Leave a comment on our video page.
5. Share. You can use your own Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterst accounts to share this blog post, share a link to our video’s page, and ask your friends to vote for Cedar Shake-speare Theatre: Much Ado About Remodeling. Here’s a link to share the video on Facebook.
6. Get updates, entertainment, and daily reminders to vote by joining our Facebook event, Vote for Cedar Shake-speare Theatre to Remodel the Gentrys Home.